Workers' Compensation Law
Our workers' compensation attorneys in Iowa and Nebraska represent employers and insurance companies dealing with workplace injury claims.
In addition, we provide value-added services such as updating employment policies and handbooks and providing complimentary training and legal updates to ensure clients are up to date on the relevant legal changes in Iowa and Nebraska.
Learn more about the expertise of our employment and labor law attorneys.
Related Workers’ Compensation Webinars, Articles & Resources
As part of our commitment to the professional community, Smith, Mills & Schrock distributes an e-Newsletter five to six times each year on Workers' Compensation legal matters in Nebraska and Iowa and e-News Blasts with developments of interest.
Sign up for our e-Newsletter.
Iowa Workers' Compensation Newsletter
- Vol XL | December 28, 2017 -
- Extent of Misconduct Necessary for an Employee's Termination to Rise to Level of Constructive Refusal of Light-Duty Work (Reynolds v. Hy-Vee)
- When is Second Injury Fund Liability Triggered? (Housley v. Second Injury Fund of Iowa)
- Experts' Consideration of Key Evidence in the Record (McDonald v. EZ Payroll & Staffing Solutions, LLC)
- How Far Is Too Far to Drive to a Doctor's Appointment? (Maher v. Cope Plastics, Inc)
- Persuasiveness of Expert Opinions in Directing Medical Care (Brown v. DAL Global Services)
- and more... as well as our updated scorecards and statistics
March 17, 2017 | Attorney Sasha L. Monthei | The Iowa Senate has passed the reform legislation as previously passed in the Iowa House. It now heads to Governor Branstad for his signature. This legislation is the most substantial reform to Iowa workers' compensation in decades. View Document